Friday, February 12, 2016

[EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] ONE ON ONE WITH THE SPACESHIPBOI.


 


You need to read this particular interview. It's so inspiring to know that gospel rap has evolved from just rapping, to being message in scripted.

I'm talking about this exclusive interview with IBK SpaceShipBoi. That's right, join me to find out the truth and much more in this wonderful time out with him.

Enjoy.


  • Start by introducing yourself. Tell us your full names, where you come from, when you started rap music and if any labels? What does IBKSPACESHIPBOI represent? And why the name?

Hello world, my name is IBK Spaceshipboi
from a planet called "ZION". I have inhabited this human body that was christened Ibukun Emuwawon by his parents. Born and raised in Warri Delta State but Originally a local of Ondo State. 
I am a music produce, recording/performing artist amongst many other things. I own my own production outfit called Martianship Music Company and I enjoy what I do.
I represent endless possibilities, hope, strength, peace and love. I am here to inspire the inhabitants of this world to become what they were destined to be and live a life that's fulfilling in every way.
The name IBK Spaceshipboi is a tag, a label, a crest, a marking that symbolizes there is no limitation with this one. With me, there is no box so I don't have to be out of it. How can I be out of what doesn't exist?


  • How long have you been in the industry and how can you class your own style of rap music?

Started climbing the ladder in 2009 and it's been a great journey so far. My style of rap music is what I like to call spaceship music.




  • Your song Realize featuring Protek, what was the concept behind it and how did you put together such classic jam?

The song was created with the intent to inspire the listener. So when you hear me go "take a pen and paper and write it/ I'm the greatest that's ever done it" in my first verse, I imagine the listener saying it out loud to themselves. So it's not just about IBK being the greatest, it's about them being the greatest that's ever done it. The more we speak, the more we become what we speak. The music like every piece I make was inspired by experimenting "oh let me try this... or let me use toms instead of a kick. Oh! Who says I can't just put some nasty sounding synths here and call it a day"? Yup! That's how it goes down.

  • So far, what are the challenges you have faced with your songs and how have you been able to overcome them. 

Other than getting it to have a wider coverage and "listener-ship"
globally, it's all good. Every challenge is an opportunity to learn something new. Also, note to Fans, "not every idea is to be executed in the now. Some demand certain things be in place and also note timing (God's timing) is most important so be in sync with Him.


  • Are we expecting to hear more singles in this 2016 or are you dropping an album?

I am spontaneous and go with the flow so probably some singles and pieces I call "short songs". Same as you have short movies; I intend to make short songs a thing in the industry.


  • What inspires your kind of music?

To give a whole answer, I’ll say The Universe and the happenings in it.
That about sums it up. 

  • What are the best means of reaching you via social medias? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp and BBM. 
Facebook: Ibkspaceshipboi
Instagram: @spaceshipboi
Twitter: @spaceshipboi
 


  • Any last words for your fans before we rap up this interview?

Keep speaking positively over yourself even if you do not believe at first for soon your present reality will conform to your "positive lie". Knowing who you are is key as well. That way, when people tell you what you know you are not, it doesn't border you because the truth is you know who you are and that's all that matters. Celebrate yourself and do not be afraid to celebrate the good in others. Learn to find the good in a person even in the multitude of short comings.

Grace and peace guys!

Cheers.






For more information on Swit Summer Productions International visit our website on www.switsummerintl.com and remember to like our facebook page and follow us on twitter @switsummerintl.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...Spaceshipboi...exceptional...different...unique...etc

    ReplyDelete